When you or someone you love is dealing with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, you want the best possible treatment. Our memory care neighborhood can provide the answer.
If you suspect your loved one is unsafe, it may be time to explore dementia care options. Memory care is a good option to consider for your loved one’s wellbeing. If he or she is wandering out of the home, getting lost when out and about, forgets to turn off stove tops or ovens, neglects to take important medicines, no longer adheres to normal routines, isn’t paying bills or you notice a signs of physical or mental/emotional decline, this may very well be the time to consider Memory Care.
The current daily rate for Memory Care is an all-inclusive rate of $297/day or $8,910/mo based on a 30-day month. This rate has no community fee. This means your cost for Memory Care at Sagewood is not based on level of care and no more worries about added care fees. Your monthly fee will be predictable. The only additional expenses families should expect to incur are for personal amenities and services the senior might want, such as beauty/barber shop fees.
When you are at Desert Willow Assisted Living and Memory Care you also have access to physical therapy, speech therapy and operational therapy in our rehabilitation department at Acacia Health Center.
Each member of our memory care team is trained in the innovative and proven Heartfelt CONNECTIONS – A Memory Care Program®, a comprehensive program based on the latest in memory care research and best practices. Heartfelt CONNECTIONS is an individualized program that starts with getting to know each resident’s life story, focusing on each resident’s capabilities. Then we develop a personalized plan that concentrates on each resident’s unique abilities and celebrates each small success. Heartfelt CONNECTIONS promotes dignity and a sense of accomplishment in day-to-day activities, supports improved self-worth, self-esteem, and overall health and well-being; and reduces fear, anxiety, and frustration.
It’s an approach guided by these principles:
- We view aging as a natural process — life stories to be continued.
- We believe what remains is far more important than what is lost.
- We focus on each resident’s unique remaining abilities.
- We embrace and celebrate everything our residents do.
- We create success stories, one small victory at a time
Spacious private suites offer a homelike setting.
All memory care suites are private at Sagewood. We offer 18 comfortable memory care suites in our Cottonwood neighborhood, plus 10 spacious suites in our new Rosewood neighborhood that include a bedroom, separate living room, kitchenette, full bathroom, plus access to large patios.
All memory care residents enjoy services and amenities including:
- Monitoring and administering of medications.
- Three nutritious, chef-prepared meals a day and always available snacks with nutritional planning from a registered onsite dietician
- All Private suites
- Daily life enrichment activities / Heartfelt Connections®
- A structured environment where Residents can thrive and feel safe
- A full-time activities director who carefully plans and coordinates stimulating, and fun activities appropriate for varying abilities, including brain fitness programs designed to enhance and preserve memory and cognitive function for both individualized & group social activities
- Assistance with Activities of Daily living including such as: dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting, and ambulation
- High staffing ratio to ensure attentive, personalized service as well as the safety of Residents. Assistance to and from dining room and with meals and escorts to other community areas
- Beautiful outdoor sitting areas with raised garden beds for Residents to enjoy.
- Transportation services to medical appointments within an 18-mile radius.
- Personal Laundry & Housekeeping Services.
- Cable TV
Desert Willow Assisted Living and Memory Care accepts direct admission from nonresidents of Sagewood. To learn more about memory care in Phoenix, AZ at Sagewood, use our Contact form.