Visit. Experience. Compare.
See how Sagewood continuing care retirement community (CCRC) compares to other options in the Phoenix area.
Choosing a senior living community is no small task. It’s an important decision, and we encourage you to do your homework:
- Visit a variety of communities in and around the Northeast Phoenix and Scottsdale area.
- Attend an on-site event.
- Have your questions ready. You'll probably want to know about the process of reserving a residence and what assistance is offered to help transition to your new home at Sagewood. Your Residency Counselor will review the Resident First™ Moving Advantage Programs to facilitate the sale of your house or houses and other programs that will help you prepare for and carry out an orderly move. Your Residency Counselor will review the benefits of the services and amenities available at Sagewood and help you select the residence style and location that best fits your tastes and pocketbook.
- Educate yourself. If this is your first visit to a senior living community, you might want to visit others in the area to do a bit of comparison shopping. It's also a good idea to attend one of Sagewood's regularly scheduled workshops on senior living options and meet Sagewood resident hosts who will be more than willing to share their experiences with you. Ask your Residency Counselor to register you for the next workshop that fits your schedule and stay for the meal and tour that is a complimentary part of our educational program.
- Consider your Residency Counselor as your key source of information. Our philosophy at Sagewood is not to "sell" you, but rather to educate you about the benefits of the services and lifestyle here. The decision to become a Sagewood resident is yours to make. We're confident that you will make a good, informed decision after learning the facts about Sagewood. We consider it our job to educate you about your options and choices; it's your job to make the decision.
- Reserve a residence sooner than later. At Sagewood, you can reserve a residence with a deposit. This locks in the entrance fee and future long-term health care regardless of what happens from the time of deposit until you move in. Reserving the residence you want now assures that you will have the location and model residence you want while we assist you with preparations for your move and sale of your home(s). Residents have been telling us for the past 40 years that they wish they had made their move sooner. The benefits of living in a full-service community are many, and the way to receive the best value is to make the move now while you can enjoy all that's available.
- Let us hear from you. Following your appointment, please remember that your Residency Counselor is a great source of information and support during your decision making process and transition to your new home. If for some reason you decide not to move forward, please let us know what might be keeping you from making a decision. With thousands of residents living in Life Care Services managed communities; we have some experience that might be relevant. We recognize this is a decision of a lifetime and we respect that. We welcome your questions and are here to help.
Give us a call and let's get started. We're sure we can make it a fun and educational experience.